Van Metre and Public Safety
At Van Metre Homes, we care about our individual communities and our local community as a whole. We are committed to ensuring the wellbeing of our customers and our employees. Please see below for the most up-to-date procedures.
What is Van Metre doing during the COVID-19 outbreak?
Throughout our 65 years of serving greater Northern Virginia, you’ve trusted us to keep the highest level of safety and that will continue.
With that as our guide, and in response to the current COVID-19, aka coronavirus, we wanted to give you an update on how we’re staying on top of public safety throughout our company. We will continue to follow updates and protocols suggested by the CDC, local Departments of Public Health, and the World Health Organization to best ensure the safety of our customers, team, and community.
We’re consistently emphasizing the importance of the health and well-being of our team members. Rest assured, we’ll be taking care of our team and ensuring their pay through this uncertain time.
As always, we’re thankful for your patience and the privilege to serve you.
Click here to learn more about what Van Metre is doing in the community during this time, click here.
MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION, AS OF: May 28, 9:30 am
• All Van Metre Sales Offices are open daily and staffed from 10:00am-5:00pm. Sales Teams will be meeting customers by appointment only at 10:00am, 12:00pm, 2:00pm and 4:00pm. This will allow for proper cleaning in between visits.
• All appointments will be limited to one hour each and a maximun of 10 persons. This will ensure people can stay at least six feet apart from each other during the tour.
• We will accommodate appointments as best we can, virtually or in-person, and make sure DocuSign is available to assist with executing a contract.
• We’ve added extra requirements and increased frequency for disinfecting surfaces throughout the day at our Sales Offices and models.
• We have increased the professional cleaning of our models to twice a week.
• We have added a weekly bio-cleaning of our sales offices at all locations.
• We are currently offering virtual appointments and virtual browse to all customers. Contact your Sales Manager to schedule an appointment with our professional Design Centre Consultants.
• In an effort to continue to keep our communities, homeowners and employees safe and healthy, we are currently postponing all non emergency Service Workdays in homes. We will make every effort to respond to emergencies as needed.
• We are offering virtual inspections or troubleshooting sessions, please contact your Customer Care Ambassador to schedule. We will continue to monitor the situation and reschedule your workdays as soon as we can.
• We recognize that you may have a service scheduled close to your warranty anniversary date, we will work with you to ensure that all warranties are honored if you need to reschedule.
• Van Metre settlements are moving forward as scheduled.
• Your pre-settlement reveal will be conducted virtually and your construction manager will reach out to you prior to settlement to explain the process.
• Please feel free to reach out directly to your settlement coordinator with questions or concerns, or call 703-348-5800.
CONSTRUCTION & BASE:
• The field staff is back to a full schedule. We are following social distancing guidelines as well as requiring face coverings when on our sites.
• BASE production resumed to a full production headcount on 4/27. We created a plan based on OSHA and CDC guidelines where the employees are spread out on the production floor 10’ apart and require face coverings. We have created "Zones" that restrict the number of people performing tasks in a given area. In addition, we have a full time Compliance Inspector that completes a checklist every two hours to make sure all policies and procedures are being followed. We have also increased our disinfecting standards to happen more often with a more robust cleaning agent.
• BASE deliveries are taking place and we have removed the helper from the truck so only the driver makes the delivery. Current field staff is assisting with deliveries.
• We are making arrangements to limit all interaction between the field staff and customers and will hold meetings/walks virtually.
DESIGN + BUILD:
• We are currently experiencing no delays in Design + Build appointments or projects and are taking all necessary precautions to meet our COVID-19 standards and policies.
• If you have any questions or concerns, please contact 703-764-5440.
• VMDB Handyman is available for all outdoor services and indoor services on a case-by-case basis. COVID-19 protocols must be possible for both.
GENERAL STEPS BEING TAKEN:
• We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting high touch surface areas and high traffic common areas in our Sales Offices and Model Homes, the Design Centre and our Headquarters. This includes railings, elevator buttons, door handles, light switches, water fountains, and counter tops.
• All disinfectants used are EPA preferred and hospital grade products.
• We have ordered the installation of hand sanitizer dispensers for our Design Centre and Headquarters, and we have ordered hand sanitizers and disinfectant wipes for our Sales Offices. Subject to back order, these items will be implemented upon our receipt from suppliers.
• We have communicated to all Van Metre employees the importance of taking proper precautions, including regular hand washing, covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, and staying home from work if feeling ill. Van Metre Homes has provided information from the CDC on COVID-19 to all employees. We also have instituted a policy for supplemental sick leave to ensure that employees who are sick have the support to not return to work until healthy.
• Any Van Metre employee, subcontractor, vendor or other party who is demonstrating signs of illness (fever, cough, trouble breathing, etc.), is not permitted on the jobsite or in the Van Metre offices. This policy has already been implemented.