If you’ve ever been on the hunt for a new home, the following scenario might sound familiar – you tour a newly built model home with incredible features that you fall in love with, only to find out that these features are considered upgrades, and including them in your new home will put you way over budget. At Van Metre Homes, we’ve eliminated this scenario from the home buying process for our homeowners by including features that are typically considered upgrades as standard in our homes!
A recent article from Realtor.com details the most popular features in homes today and, not surprisingly, many of them are also features that can be found in Van Metre Homes homes! Though these are all features that may be upgrades in other new homes, many homeowners may be surprised to find them as standard in our Van Metre Homes homes.
According to the Realtor.com article, these are a few of the most popular features in a new home:
· Granite countertops. Who doesn’t love beautiful granite countertops? Van Metre Homes offers granite countertops in the kitchens of our beautiful new homes.
· Nine-foot first-floor ceilings. Homeowners love tall ceilings on the first floor to help make their living space seems as spacious as possible. Luckily for Van Metre Homes residents, our homes have ten-foot main level ceilings, as well as nine-foot owner’s level ceilings and eight-foot club level ceilings!
· Great room. The great room has become a staple feature in new homes and it’s not hard to see why – the open concept makes your living space feel more spacious and inviting. You’ll find desirable great rooms in our Van Metre Homes homes, perfect for entertaining and spending time with family!
· Low-emissivity windows. Because of their energy-efficient nature, low-emissivity windows have become increasingly popular in recent years. All of the windows in Van Metre Homes homes are ultra low-E, providing the insulation and energy efficiency that today’s homeowners desire.
· Two-car garage. Whether you’re using your garage for storage or for multiple cars, two-car garages are a trend that seem to have staying power. That’s why we’ve including at least two-car garages with all of Van Metre Homes’ single-family homes!