If you’ve been thinking about changing up your living situation, chances are you’ve faced the dilemma of whether to move to a new home or renovate your existing one. While remodeling a home is a viable option for several families, it might not always be the best choice for you. After all, when you can move into an Van Metre Homes home that already includes the many desirable features families seek, why wouldn’t you?
Consider these reasons before deciding whether to renovate your home or move to a newly built one:
1. How long before you outgrow your renovations?
- Renovations are nice because you can update an outdated home. However, how long before you find yourself outgrowing these updates? The foundation of an existing home can’t easily be repaired, meaning those who renovate their homes will likely have to continue doing so in the years to come.
2. The buying environment is ideal
- It’s been a few years since the market has been this optimal for buyers. If buying a new home is on your five-year plan, take advantage of the buying environment now and jump on the opportunity to move into a newly built home.
3. How are your needs changing?
- You might also want to consider how your life might change in the coming years. Are you planning for children? Is your current home and town well-suited for raising a family? While remodeling might add a room or two, your home still might not grow at the same pace your family does. This is why new homes with Van Metre Homes cater so well to families; open floor plans and spacious layouts provide the perfect amount of space for your growing clan!
4. Do you need a fresh start?
- If you’ve grown tired of your existing space, maybe you just need a fresh start! Moving into a new home allows you to do just that. Not only will you have a chance to make new friends with your neighbors, but you’ll also have a clean slate when it comes to decorating your home!
5. Better quality neighborhoods
- You can renovate a home until your heart’s content, but you can never single-handedly change a neighborhood. The neighborhoods that Van Metre Homes builds in only add to the appeal of our new homes. With our communities offering quiet streets, sidewalks and several with amenities, any Arcadia Communities community is a fine choice to set down roots.
6. Do you really want to live in a house that’s under construction?
- Simply put, living in a house that’s under construction isn’t fun. Alternatively, if you opt to rent a space while you’re under construction, that’s an added cost to your renovations. For most, moving into a new home that’s been beautifully built and expertly designed is the best way to go!
Arcadia Communities’ homes are prime examples of all that awaits new home buyers. With stunning features and luxury finishes, any home in any of our communities includes features that families would likely remodel their homes to have.
So why renovate? Move into a home with all that you need with Van Metre Homes!