Van Metre Companies Foundation
The Van Metre Companies Foundation was formed in May of 2014. The Foundation is run by a group of employees who serve as the Board of Directors and the officers of the Foundation who have full discretion for the disbursement of funds held by the Foundation. The Van Metre Companies Foundation is dedicated to improving the lives of people in the communities where Van Metre carries on its business. The Foundation will complement and support the interests, values and vision of the Van Metre Companies and its employees. It will provide financial support to qualified educational, medical, human welfare services, and other 501(c)(3) charitable organizations.
- The Van Metre 5 Mile Run for Children’s National Medical Center is a long-standing annual tradition, and to date has raised over $2.7 million dollars for the hospital.
- In 2010, Children’s National Medical Center dedicated the Van Metre Companies Cardiovascular Surgery Operating Room, a state of the art cardiovascular surgery suite which was funded by monies raised by the Annual Van Metre 5 Mile Run. In the first year, approximately 1000 surgeries were performed in the surgery suite.
HomeAid Northern Virginia
- Van Metre is proud to be a member of HomeAid Northern Virginia, a chapter of the leading national non-profit HomeAid America. HomeAid brings together local builders and tradesman to help renovate and maintain temporary housing shelters. To date, HomeAid has completed 112 projects in the Northern Virginia area. Visit here for More information: http://www.homeaidnova.org/
- Capital Hospice is open! The 48,000 square foot, 21-bed inpatient care facility with a palliative care clinic, meeting space and clinical offices will open first quarter of 2014. It is located on a 5-acre parcel in our Stone Ridge community on Route 50 in Loudoun County that was donated by Mr. Van Metre.
- An annual Polo Cup & Luncheon is chaired by Dea and Beau Van Metre to raise money for this organization.
- To date, our support for Capital Hospice over the last 25 years has raised over $600,000 to help fund patient programs, education and research.
- Van Metre is the proud sponsor of the Stone Ridge 5K Race for Education, which attracts over 1,500 runners annually to raise money for Loudoun County schools that surround the community.
- To date, over $150,000 has been raised for local education.
- This year, Van Metre donated transplanted trees and services to the Mill Run School in our Broadlands Community.